Friday, June 05, 2009

Another good day at the swamp

Hey Y'all,
We had a wonderful evening. Our friends from South Carolina came over and we went to the auction. Our friends got a really good deal on some bar stools. I got a big cast iron wash/cook pot I can put in the front yard. (Now all I need is a yard jockey- It's a southern thing). C got some clothes for K and J and some really neat ball canning jars with the glass lids and wire that holds the lids down. We took a break from the auction and went to Louanns and had supper. I had some baked ham,pole beans and taters, cole slaw and pecan pie. God I love living in the south.

I am going to start checking around for that yard jockey. C has already warned me I can't get a little black one because we live in a mixed neighborhood. Hell I don't particularly care what the neighbors think. I might even wire up a little light for him to hold. The legend is back in the old south if the yard jockey was holding a light, it meant one of the slaves escaped.

K has some of her girl friends over tonight and they are hanging out in her room. She worked hard today. We pulled a prank on her. She was taking orders at the drive thru. C and I pulled up first and ordered a cheese burger with no bun. Our friends from South Carolina pulled in behind us and ordered a cheese burger with no meat bun only. We had fun.

Well Y'all take it easy!
Cornbread

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home