Thursday, April 08, 2010

Posted

Hey Y'all,
I haven't posted in awhile. We made it home safe from Helen Ga. On Monday. While we up in Helen we looked at a couple of small doublewides that disappointed us. We are going back up there sometime soon and look at some more houses and land.

We got a contract on my dads house. Someone put a offer in on his house. My brother and me thought it was reasonable so we signed the papers today. Now we just have to make it to closing.

Friday someone is coming to look at my house that is a strong potential buyer. He has the financing to buy the house and is real interested. We will be cleaning it up tomorrow (Thursday) getting it ready for him to get in here and look at it. If our house has a contract on it this week it will be like God moving and opening the door for us to move up there to North Ga.

Our daughter K is having a hard time with us moving if the house sells. She is 18 and has never been away from home. C for her it is hard. This is her last one at home. For me it is hard because I feel like I have to be there for them both. I can only be there for them in a certain capacity. It is time for K to continue with the growing process and become more independent. She is 18 and in college. She has lived at home all her life. We gave her a car and she has a job.

This will be a growing experience for all of us. We need to be up in North Ga with my in laws. The trips back and forth are tiring and expensive. C's parents need help constantly and so does C's oldest daughter and the grand baby. They are all up there. We have friends up there too that we miss a lot. It will be good to go up there and start over. After my dad died, I need a new beginning, away from here. We like the views and the mountains. It gets hot up there in the summer, But it cools off at night. The winters are worse than down here, But I can deal with that.

Well Take Care till next time!
Cornbread

1 Comments:

Blogger Harriet Carter, Realtor said...

Hey Slice of Cornbread!

I just got your blog about Helen, Georgia and I wanted you to know that I appreciated your thoughts.

I am a realtor up here in the mountains (Helen area).

Just wanted to let you know that you will be very happy with your move. It's paradise here.


If I can be of assistance with your search- I will be happy to help. But just know I will be happy to welcome you as a neighbor!


All the best,

Harriet Carter, Realtor
North Georgia Mountain Realty
www.GetGeorgiaMtns.com
(Search the North Georgia MLS)

11:18 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home