Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Fun evening

I know it's late, but......
I just got in a little while ago took a shower and soon I'll be going to bed to hopefully get some rest.
I just got back from dinner outta town with the Boss and Mama, the V.P. his wife and the bosses kids. seems tonight was military apreciation night at golden corral. I was on the way to pick up dinner for me and dad when I got the call and asked if I wanted to go. I have to drive outta town for this since that is where my club brothers are at. I got dad his hot and sour soup and eggroll headed back home, grabbed my colors (vest with motorcycle club patches on it) a copy of my DD214 and lickty split out the door haulin' ass down the freeway to my destination. Got there 10 minutes behind everybody and had to wait in line, a very long line for dinner. It shure reminded me of my days in the navy on a aircraft carrier. Standing in a long line for dinner that is. I gotta say it did taste a whole lot better than what I remember navy chow tasted like. It's always a treat to see the Boss and Mama and The V.P. and his new wife. I always got time for them.

On a sadder note, dad's girlfriend is in the hospital. He was down there with her tonight while I was gone. At first they said she had a anurisum in her stomach. Then they changed there mind a couple of times and now they don't know whats wrong with her. I get so frustrated hearing news like that. Sometimes I think the Doctors must have there head up their wazootie or something. But then again maby they are doing the best they can for her.

At least today at the rockpile wasn't so bad. My lead man and boss were gone so me and my coworker had the run of our part of things. Tomorow will be different though.
While I am on the subject of The RockPile, I'll tell ya why I call it that. Years ago I worked for a guy who had been to prison back in the day. Way back in the day. And he told me a story about being in that georgia prison and the rock pile. There was this place they called the rock pile that ya got sent to if you were bad, got ina fight or generally disobeyed the gaurds. There were 50 men on the rock pile. 49 of them were chained side by side and given a sledge hammer. the 50th guy had a wheel barrow and would get big rocks from a pile and set them in front of the 49 chained together. They would pound all day long on big rocks and make them into small rocks. The only way ya got off the rockpile was to move down the line from nuber 1 to number 50. the way ya moved was when someone got into trouble they became number 1, number 49 became number 50 and started hauling the rocks in front of everybody and number 50 got off and went back to general population. It just reminds me of my work. Pointless labor till my day comes untill I can get off "the rock pile" and maby do something in the bigger picture.

Well listen it's way past my bedtime and tonight is a school night. Y'all take care!

1 Comments:

Blogger Grey Biker said...

I'm on that rock pile too. I should at least be number 2 by now.

7:54 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home