Sunday, November 13, 2005

Man, what a party! I mean um, wedding

I am more tired than a retred michelin.
Just got back in a little while ago. I have been basically gone from the house since saturday morning at 11 am. It is now sunday at 8pm.

The wedding was great! We lined the bikes up and the wedding party came down between them to the alter. It was really nice. I got there a little before 12 noon. The wedding wasn't till 3pm. There was alot to do to get set up for the wedding, people and all. Tables to be unloaded and set up, chairs unfolded and set up, tote this, fix that, wash this, move that. It was alot but it went smooth. My boss (MC club) grilled chicken wings ona big grill the women had everything from meatballs to ham rolls to those little sandwiches with no crust, to pigs ina blanket to little sausages, cheese balls and a whole bunch of other stuff fixed. Everyone got to relax except the wedding party as the time grew closer. It was kinda neat to see all my club brothers in white button up shirts. For a motley bunch, they shure clean up well.

The only glich was one of our brothers wifes car blew some kinda hose that goes to the transmission on her car and it was smoking. Not a problem one of the friends of the family got on his work clothes and crawled up under it and fixed the problem. I stood there holding the flashlight cause it was getting dark.

After nighttime fell we all sat around the fire. Everyone one was drinking and having a good time. I was the desiginated driver for the night since I don't drink very much anyway. I just stayed sober. We ended up going to the silver dollar bar at the brides request. I finnaly made it to where I was gonna stay for the night sometime after 3am.

Well sunday morning rolled around and I had to make it back to where I had left my bike the night before(abut 45 minutes away) so I could run home (about 30 minutes away) grab a quick shower, choke down some groceries and bam! back on the bike for another 45 minutes or so to go to the ABATE meeting this weekend. ( which just so happens to be at the silver dollar bar)

Got thru the meeting fine but stuck around for awhile waiting on my boss (MC club) and his wife whom I call Mama To finish up what they needed to do. We were a little later than usuall cause one of the abate members was having a heart attack or something seriuosly wrong with him, and we had to get it all sorted out with the ambulance showing up, his wife and kids and all that. I personnaly don't know him, but my boss does, So we all did what we could do to help out. I had to watch his kids out in the parking lot while his wife was sorting out what was going on.

It may not seem like alot written down here but boy-howdy I have been going with little sleep. Now I am washing clothes so I have something to wear next week and hopefully I can get some rest tonight. One thing I have learned about being in a motorcycle club is when things are happinin', there is little time for rest. I woulden't trade it for anything in the world. I did get to spend alot of time with my favorite people this weekend, especially the Boss and Mama. They are two people I always have time for and never can seem to get enough of them. Have ya ever had people like that in your life? Ya know the kind when ya see them it make your face automatically light up with a smile? I am not ashamed to say I love them. Ya know those kinda people...

Tommorow is the rock pile. I hear the dryer buzzing, it's time to fold clothes. Till next time,
Y'all take care!

3 Comments:

Blogger DBFrank said...

Sounds like a good time!

6:39 AM EST  
Blogger phoenix said...

LOL You made ME tired! ;-)

4:42 PM EST  
Blogger Grey Biker said...

You made me tired just reading about everything you did. That was a party.

6:40 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home